A My Client Center (MCC) Account is an account which Google provides to businesses and organizations that manage multiple Google Adwords accounts. An MCC account gives you one place to go where you can easily open, track, and work with multiple AdWords accounts.
Here are some common scenarios when an MCC is a great way to go:
- You already have multiple AdWords accounts.
- You are an AdWords manager with multiple clients.
- You are a search marketing agency. (Kind of the same as #1?)
- You need to set up hundreds of campaigns (ex: targeting hundreds of different towns for example). Due to the 50 campaigns per account limit, you may need more than one account.
- You or your client need separate invoicing for different projects, and therefore needs multiple accounts.each of the campaigns within the account.
- You have outgrown your current account’s set up or just want to “start over” by creating a new AdWords account.
- You have a client who has multiple accounts – In this case, you’d be linking an MCC within an MCC. (maybe a paragraph or two with a subheader that says something like, “Can one MCC account manage another MCC?”
If you fit one of the above scenarios or have any other reason to have multiple accounts, you need to set up an MCC account. The first step is to sign up for an account by visiting http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter
You Can’t Upgrade Current AdWords Accounts to MCC Accounts
When setting up your MCC for the first time, your login email cannot be associated with another Adwords account. There is confusion behind being able to “upgrade” an old Adwords account to an MCC account. You can’t simply upgrade an old AdWords account into a MCC—you have to create a totally new Google account that you will use to create the MCC account. This means, you have to have a “spare” email account that is not associated with an AdWords account.
After your My Client Center is configured, you are able to “link” other Adword accounts to it. This allows you to monitor all of your accounts under one login.
Can One MMC Account Manage Other MCC Accounts?
Yes, you can manage one MCC account with another. This is extremely handy when you take on a client that already has an MCC account. When you link the two MCC accounts, the managed account will look like any other account in your MCC, but when you click on it, you will be taken to a list of the accounts under managed by that MCC instead of being taken directly to a dashboard for the account.
Need additional help setting up an MCC? Google covers most of them in their FAQ’s