I had a meeting with a client yesterday who was a little concerned. We do some of his content creation and he had noticed that we were not including meta keywords on the blog posts we had been doing for him. He was sure that either he didn’t know something we knew, or he had [...]
About Rod HolmesRod is a partner at Chicago Style SEO, a full-service Internet marketing company in Chicago. His main responsibility around the office is being the head PPC wrangler (he's a certified Google AdWords expert). He also seems to spend a lot of time on the phone talking with clients and prospective clients.You can find Rod on several social media channels: Google+, Twitter, and Facebook. Lastly, here is his Google+ profile.
Author Archive | Rod Holmes
Last week we found ourselves on the phone with Google’s help desk asking for more information on Cost Per Phone call (CPP) bidding, a relatively new service for call extensions. The information we could find online on CPP (call extension info and CPP bidding info) left us with a lot of questions, so we rung [...]
Every year we all over buy candy for trick or treaters at our homes. And every year our spouses tell us to take the excess to the office so the family doesn’t eat it all. Then we all sit around all day at work and eat junk. The madness must stop! Maybe next year, but [...]
I have a couple of busy weeks ahead of me; I’ve got three presentations to give. Those who know me know I spent many years in corporate training, so I’m really looking forward to being in front of some business owners giving them some solid advice and “to-dos” regarding SEO and PPC Management. Please take [...]
I received an email just before lunch from AdWords with the subject line, “Important update to AdWords click-to-call campaigns in the US.” (See email here.) I suspected it wasn’t going to be good, so I decided to wait to read it until I got my work done. It was a good decision as the email [...]
Last week I was lucky to be invited to talk SEO in the WordPress context at Chicago Northside WordPress Meetup. We had a great meeting with a wide range of skill abilities, so there were a ton of questions. I think a good time was had by all. Several people asked for the slides of my [...]
We’ve all done it—you’ve done the heavy lifting of the keyword research, sorting out logical ad groups, written your ads (making sure to do A/B testing)…you’re anxious to light that firecracker and see what happens! So you flip the switch to “Enabled” and anxiously wait for the data to start rolling in. When you check [...]
We have compiled a list of negative keywords that have been shared with us over the years and want to make sure anyone who needs it has access. Below is several ways you can get the list: Google Docs Spreadsheet of Negative Keywords (Make sure to look at the tabs at the bottom of the [...]
Technical Definition of a Landing Page “Landing page” may sound straightforward, but it’s actually a slippery term. Technically, a landing page is any page that a visitor to your site first sees—the page they land on. This often means the home page, but if visitors followed a link to your site, they may land on [...]
We are thrilled to welcome Christine Kent to the Chicago Style SEO team. Christine showed up with years of web development experience having owned her own development company. How is that possible when she just recently graduated from college? Because she is a true go-getter. She started her web development company in high school and [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Five Important Locations for Keywords March 29, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter