A My Client Center (MCC) Account is an account which Google provides to businesses and organizations that manage multiple Google Adwords accounts. An MCC account gives you one place to go where you can easily open, track, and work with multiple AdWords accounts. Here are some common scenarios when an MCC is a great [...]
About Rod HolmesRod is a partner at Chicago Style SEO, a full-service Internet marketing company in Chicago. His main responsibility around the office is being the head PPC wrangler (he's a certified Google AdWords expert). He also seems to spend a lot of time on the phone talking with clients and prospective clients.You can find Rod on several social media channels: Google+, Twitter, and Facebook. Lastly, here is his Google+ profile.
Author Archive | Rod Holmes
When I work on building and optimizing AdWords accounts for our clients, I always keep two things in mind while making decisions: The client’s goals for the campaign The buying funnel What’s a buying funnel? A buying funnel is a way of representing the stages a purchaser goes through on their way to buying a [...]
All Macs have a built in application called Preview. Preview does all kinds of wonderful stuff: it is the default PDF viewer on Mac, it allows you to sign PDFs, annotate them, open nearly any photo type, and most importantly for this post, it allows you to edit photos. How To Crop a Photo Using Preview Cropping [...]
Yesterday I got an email newsletter from the Glacier Raft Company (GRC). My family and I spent a fantastic day this summer on the middle fork of the Three Forks River in Glacier National Park on one of GRC’s boats. It was a great time and I would recommend the trip and the company to [...]
Sixty three (63) ad networks are peeking over my shoulder right now…but I get ahead of myself. There has been a lot of talk about Google’s recent announcement that they are rolling out Interest-Based Advertising inside of their AdWords platform. They initially began talking about this in 2009, slowly allowing more and more people to [...]
Tracking AdWords conversions completely and accurately is one of the most important things you can do for your clients. It shows them the true ROI of their AdWords campaigns and shows just how good you are at optimizing AdWords for them! Last week I finally found PhonePress, a free WordPress plugin that allows you to easily [...]
All of us here at Chicago Style SEO are extremely excited to welcome Brijeet Dhaliwal to our team! Brijeet comes to us with an amazing, varied background that is going to make her a huge asset around here. Her cover letter perfectly explained her unique qualifications:,”My background is in technical writing, librarianship, and web development.” [...]
I can’t believe I hadn’t come across this simple AdWords tutorial video before; it goes a great job of explaining not only Quality Scores but also how your bid gets converted into your cost-per-click (CPC). Simple as that…enjoy.
While going through my email in Gmail this morning I saw a little pop up that said I was going to start seeing fewer ads soon and asked if I wanted to learn more. Given how many AdWords clients we have, I of course wanted to see more. The link took me here. It sounds [...]
EDIT 12/6/2011 — This position has been filled. Chicago Style SEO is hiring a person who would like to learn the Internet marketing industry through hands-on experience. It’s a chance to learn cutting edge skills, work in a relaxed office that overlooks Lincoln Park Zoo, and do interesting and challenging work: Internet marketing research, keyword [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Five Important Locations for Keywords March 29, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter