Marketing platforms are always changing. Just when you thought you’d caught up to the shift from desktop computers to mobile devices, Google, Samsung, and Apple (among others) are making a push to introduce the next platform — wearable technology. Whether in the form of glasses, watches, or wristbands, mobile devices are becoming untethered to the […]
Outbrain & Retargeting Go Together Like Cookies & Milk In the world of exquisite fine dining, the best things often come in pairs: mac & cheese, coffee & donuts, gin & tonic (not all at once) are just a few that top my list of dynamic duos. In the world of Internet marketing, I have just […]
It didn’t even begin with Siri. Our strange impulse to speak to robots has been around longer than we realize. In the 80’s, it appeared in the aesthetically haunting scenes from Blade Runner, and in the late 90’s, it manifested itself in the equally haunting Furby’s invading our kid’s rooms, all before Apple even had […]
We’ll come out and say it — we have a crush on Twitter’s advertising platform. Our other social ad platform, Facebook, was a knuckle-dragging brute in comparison. It’s almost like Facebook didn’t even care about our real feelings. *sniff* Frankly, it’s the Promoted Tweets that have us all atwitter (pun, sadly, intended). We swoon over […]
I’d like to thank everyone who attended our first ever Internet Marketing Sandwich—Learn Over Lunch. The topic was SEO Basics and we had a really good turnout. Below are the two take-aways from the webinar: we recorded the webinar so below is the video as well as links to download the presentation slides in various formats. SEO Basics […]
A lot of things have shaken up the SEO world, but none have done so with such universal force as Google’s rapid incorporation of ‘(not provided)’, a shorthand reference to their withholding of keyword search data from webmasters. This change has inspired a lot of theories about the motivation behind it — some folks think […]
It’s that time of year again, when people huddle up next to a warm fire after going Apple picking with their loved ones at their local Apple store. Nothing says fall like a freshly baked iPhone operating system. So as everyone is getting a taste of the new flat design and parallax motion, marketers have […]
Learn SEO Over Lunch Join our partner Rod Holmes for a free lunchbreak webinar on October 8th and learn all about the basics of SEO. For more info, check out the sign-up page here.
Gaining exposure in a competitive local market is a challenging task. A large part of raising your local profile and getting noticed by local customers (and Google Maps) is to have reviews on sites like Yelp, Google+ and Foursquare. An estimated 85% of people look at online reviews to determine whether a local business is […]
Web design presents about as many topics and angles of discussion as there are ways to pluck a chicken, cook an egg, or skin a cat. In this particular instance, we want to focus specifically on the set of issues that may be presented to a business in the process of redesigning their website, or […]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Google’s Need for Speed – Use Cache in .htaccess to Speed Up Your Site April 21, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 21 — Wearable Tech November 14, 2013
- Outbrain & Retargeting Help Branding & Conversions November 8, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 20—Voice Search October 30, 2013
- Android Crushes iOS in Promoted Tweet Engagements October 24, 2013
- Basic SEO Webinar Video & Deck October 11, 2013
- Outbrain & Retargeting Help Branding & Conversions - Chicago Style SEO: […] to focus on one use that we’ve fou...
- Will Dangerfield: We use a custom script and a Twilio account to ser...
- Billy McAllister: Hey Rod,I'm relatively new to the AdWords wo...
- Damien: Great list Rod! Thank you for sharing and contribu...
- Rod Holmes: Hi Tara,Great suggestion—I've done this as we...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter