Often lost in the hullabaloo of Internet marketing is the most fundamental necessity for the SEO health of a website – semantic markup. While not the most glamorous or talked about tool, good semantic markup serves to bolster the on-site integrity and stability of a webpage. Without proper XHTML tags, a lot of quality content [...]
Internet marketing is ever-changing and with the introduction of Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithms, quality content is now essential to a successful web presence. This isn’t breaking news. However, of the many incarnations of content marketing, guest blogging is one of the more complex, interesting techniques that has carved out a unique niche on the [...]
Social Media Advertising Can Work. Really. Advertising pays for much of what we enjoy. And sometimes, we even enjoy the advertising itself. With regard to social media, the former is definitely true. We’re still waiting for the latter to take shape. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media channels are all looking to expand and [...]
I had a meeting with a client yesterday who was a little concerned. We do some of his content creation and he had noticed that we were not including meta keywords on the blog posts we had been doing for him. He was sure that either he didn’t know something we knew, or he had [...]
The Search Engine Ecosystem During the previous couple dozen years, the wilds of the Internet have settled into something of an identifiable ecosystem. And it doesn’t come as any news that Google is at the top of that ecosystem, determining the behavior and relationships of others, like businesses and customers. In fact, you might say [...]
The New Mobile Idolatry If you’ve recently walked down the street, been on the bus, or existed at all in public space, you’ve noticed that it’s a lot harder to make eye contact with people. Instead, you see the tops of their heads, as they piously crane their necks downward toward clasped palms. Such apparently [...]
Mobile is the new frontier in all things technology, marketing, lifestyle – you name it. Just as they adjusted their marketing style from radio to television some 60 years ago, the smartest advertisers are devising new ways to adapt their message to this platform. And just like the transition 60 years ago, there are some [...]
Choosing a Table in the Social Media Cafeteria Thought you left high school behind? It doesn’t seem like it when choosing a social media platform feels a lot like finding a seat in your old cafeteria. With the ongoing push towards content marketing and social outreach, it can be difficult to know where to begin. [...]
How Google thinks we’ll use Google Glass… How we’ll actually use Google Glass…
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Five Important Locations for Keywords March 29, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter