I had a busy day yesterday doing seminars at both ICNC and NextDoor Chicago. Both of them were on PPC. Thanks to everyone who attended! You can download a PDF of the presentation slides by clicking here.
If you recently sensed some disturbance in the force, or saw some shifting in Google’s search rankings this past month, it could be the Death Star going operational. Or more likely, it could be that Google boosted their Penguin algorithm this month. Sound ominous? It shouldn’t, but it’s good to be aware of what’s happening [...]
Last night, I had the pleasure of speaking at the Chopin Theater at an Entrepreneur’s Unpluggd event centered around the importance of SEO in today’s business world, called “SEO for Startups.” There was great energy and wonderful people, reminding me that the Chicago SEO community is in good hands. The audience was also treated to [...]
Often lost in the hullabaloo of Internet marketing is the most fundamental necessity for the SEO health of a website – semantic markup. While not the most glamorous or talked about tool, good semantic markup serves to bolster the on-site integrity and stability of a webpage. Without proper XHTML tags, a lot of quality content [...]
Internet marketing is ever-changing and with the introduction of Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithms, quality content is now essential to a successful web presence. This isn’t breaking news. However, of the many incarnations of content marketing, guest blogging is one of the more complex, interesting techniques that has carved out a unique niche on the [...]
Social Media Advertising Can Work. Really. Advertising pays for much of what we enjoy. And sometimes, we even enjoy the advertising itself. With regard to social media, the former is definitely true. We’re still waiting for the latter to take shape. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media channels are all looking to expand and [...]
I had a meeting with a client yesterday who was a little concerned. We do some of his content creation and he had noticed that we were not including meta keywords on the blog posts we had been doing for him. He was sure that either he didn’t know something we knew, or he had [...]
The Search Engine Ecosystem During the previous couple dozen years, the wilds of the Internet have settled into something of an identifiable ecosystem. And it doesn’t come as any news that Google is at the top of that ecosystem, determining the behavior and relationships of others, like businesses and customers. In fact, you might say [...]
The New Mobile Idolatry If you’ve recently walked down the street, been on the bus, or existed at all in public space, you’ve noticed that it’s a lot harder to make eye contact with people. Instead, you see the tops of their heads, as they piously crane their necks downward toward clasped palms. Such apparently [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- PPC Slides from ICNC/NetDoor Presentations June 13, 2013
- Google Penguin 2.0 Is Shaking Things Up Again May 31, 2013
- Entrepreneur’s Unpluggd SEO Talk May 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- Selecting the right channel and maintaining relevant content | 5oci4lm3di4101: [...] to Sam Mock, “it is important to recog...
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Kelly Keenan: Thanks Rod...really great intro to PPC and Adwords...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter