It’s taken some time for the population to realize that managing one’s identity online is no longer a choice — you will exist online in some fashion or another whether by your doing or another’s. After you’ve accepted this reality, that there will be a parallel version of yourself (or your business) floating around online, […]
Businesses everywhere will harp on the necessity to engage your customers in a “conversation” or to try and build “relationships” with them. Promoting comments on your blog articles is a surefire way to achieve this constructive goal, right? Then you journey deep into the heart of darkness: “Check the vidz on my site! Work from […]
Is it just me, or has there been a recent uptick in Internet marketers cursing Google’s name while ripping fistfuls of hair from their neurotically swaying heads? Maybe this is over the top, but at this rate, SEO firms will soon look like they’ve been lifted from the pages of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s […]
Let’s face it. You don’t need me to talk about how important local search results are. You don’t need to be convinced by some new statistical study or a quote by an expert, cutting edge, thought leader of the digital age. You don’t need this because you personally feel its importance in your own on-demand […]
Sorting through the news pile of the last month, two big stories seem to put Facebook in a tough spot. On one hand, Facebook wowed businesses and investors with its quarterly revenue report. They posted a 61% increase in year-over-year revenue, with advertising representing 88% of this total haul. What’s more, is that they are […]
Even if a business has all the online advertising, SEO, and quality content to launch a thousand ships, bad customer reviews can sink every last one of them. If you’ll allow me that Homeric metaphor, then I’ll also tell you why I leapt to such an epic comparison — in a recent survey (cited in […]
As a rising senior in college, the only thing on my mind is the dreaded “g” word and my quickly approaching job search. In anticipation of this, I sought a summer internship to help with the transition, and had the opportunity to work for Chicago Style SEO. I didn’t know too much about Internet marketing beforehand, […]
Twitter recently unveiled a pretty useful analytics feature that can help small businesses and marketers understand what’s actually happening out there in the ether after they hit that “tweet” button. While Facebook seems to prefer to keep things vague on their end, lumping wide ranges of user activity into catch-all terms like “People Talking About […]
With content marketing fast becoming the Internet gold rush of 2013, it’s important to make sure you get credit for your gold nuggets and that no one steals your pan. Ok, so what I really mean is that with Google authorship, you can essentially link everything […]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Google’s Need for Speed – Use Cache in .htaccess to Speed Up Your Site April 21, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 21 — Wearable Tech November 14, 2013
- Outbrain & Retargeting Help Branding & Conversions November 8, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 20—Voice Search October 30, 2013
- Android Crushes iOS in Promoted Tweet Engagements October 24, 2013
- Basic SEO Webinar Video & Deck October 11, 2013
- Outbrain & Retargeting Help Branding & Conversions - Chicago Style SEO: […] to focus on one use that we’ve fou...
- Will Dangerfield: We use a custom script and a Twilio account to ser...
- Billy McAllister: Hey Rod,I'm relatively new to the AdWords wo...
- Damien: Great list Rod! Thank you for sharing and contribu...
- Rod Holmes: Hi Tara,Great suggestion—I've done this as we...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter