Every month we round up the latest in SEO, content, PPC, Google Analytics, and social media so that you have the most important highlights on the going-ons of internet marketing. This month you’ll find the biggest news under Analytics, some interesting mergers in Social, and the Bing Ads continues to differentiate itself from AdWords. […]
Schema.org Evolves, Adds Actions If you want to improve the line of communication between your site’s content and Google’s robots, then there’s big news in the world of semantic markup. For the uninitiated, the Semantic Web, contextualized by languages like Schema.org, is critical in translating and clarifying structured data for search engines to recognize, making […]
There’s a lot of sturm and drang in the air when businesses log into their Facebook accounts. Views are plummeting, reach is shrinking, and “likes” are becoming even more ephemeral and mysterious than ever. What exactly is happening? Simply put, Facebook is putting the squeeze on business accounts. After attracting companies to their platform to […]
SEO / Content More Precise Index Status Data for Your Site Variations Authority Is the New Links App Indexing Updates Testing the Accuracy of Avg. Position for Search Queries in Google Webmaster Tools Parallax Scrolling Websites and SEO – A Collection of Solutions and Examples 10 Ways To Get Traffic Like Buzzfeed (Without Paying For […]
The Rhetoric of Web Design Part 2: Logos/Reason In part one of incorporating rhetoric in your web design and conversion optimization, you established relevance and credibility, earning trust from your brand new visitor. Congratulations. The skittish squirrel that is the modern day web surfer has not retreated away from you. But if you’re like most […]
The Rhetoric of Web Design Part 1: Trust/Ethos Last month, I summoned the elbow-patched professor inside me and got all philosophical. I implored marketers and developers to heed Aristotle’s tenets of rhetoric when designing their websites. The combination of earning initial trust, appealing to logic, and triggering action through an emotion are just as important […]
If you’re familiar with high school talent shows, then you understand what Super Bowl advertising is becoming. In both instances, a never-ending queue of characters is trotted out in front of an audience, each attempting to impress and dazzle, to inherit a new identity by sheer willpower and hopefully change their fate in the brutal […]
It’s All Greek to Me Decimated and exhausted, the Greek army was stymied again and again outside the walls of Troy. “Ah fudge,” the generals exclaimed. “We’re stymied.” If they couldn’t figure out a way inside, they would be ruined. One general, Odysseus, was clever enough to think up a strategy to get his troops […]
Marketing platforms are always changing. Just when you thought you’d caught up to the shift from desktop computers to mobile devices, Google, Samsung, and Apple (among others) are making a push to introduce the next platform — wearable technology. Whether in the form of glasses, watches, or wristbands, mobile devices are becoming untethered to the […]
Outbrain & Retargeting Go Together Like Cookies & Milk In the world of exquisite fine dining, the best things often come in pairs: mac & cheese, coffee & donuts, gin & tonic (not all at once) are just a few that top my list of dynamic duos. In the world of Internet marketing, I have just […]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Google’s Need for Speed – Use Cache in .htaccess to Speed Up Your Site April 21, 2010
- Pinterest Marketing Strategy for Your Business in 2015 January 12, 2015
- Google Maps Updates Helped Us Find Burritos for Lunch November 10, 2014
- We Found Our Suite Spot! September 22, 2014
- Social Media Photo Sizes: A Guide September 19, 2014
- 5 Tips You Need To Know Before Writing Your Next Headline August 14, 2014
- Lance: Hurray for Google! I think you guys enjoyed you bu...
- Peter S: Getting more reviews for your local business entai...
- Cleofe Betancourt: We started noticing the gradual implementation of ...
- Outbrain & Retargeting Help Branding & Conversions - Chicago Style SEO: […] to focus on one use that we’ve fou...
- Will Dangerfield: We use a custom script and a Twilio account to ser...