The Right Content for the Right Channels The wide array of social media channels are a blessing and a curse for businesses attempting to choose among them. Using social media to broaden your reach can be tricky, and depends almost entirely on how viral your content becomes. Before jumping into the nearest social community, it [...]
Advertising Will Outlive You People are so quick to declare the death of advertising. It’s almost as if a rich bounty was announced and every “marketing guru” wants to be the first one holding its bloody head. What’s the reason for this? Perhaps they just get excited and jittery when things change a bit and [...]
The Robots Don’t Know Best It’s time to draw a line in the sand between robots and humans. We can only surrender so much to their idol of cold reason. Pull that subservient stare away from your 17-inch tunnel-vision display of AdWords. Your ads are living out there in the world, smacking people in the [...]
Pay-Per-Click is growing You want to establish long term brand awareness and trust? Build a sturdy SEO platform. You want to convert both curious and ready-to-buy consumers and get your name in front of them right now? Establish a compelling PPC campaign. People searching with commercial intent click on paid search ads over organic search [...]
Live auctions can be stressful and loud and confusing. Thankfully, the digital auction of PPC advertising is much more manageable with a lot less gavel pounding. But don’t be lulled into complacency. You could be wasting money or missing valuable opportunities if you don’t manage your bids with the same attention you would bring to [...]
Walden Pond is now a Costco Can you imagine telling Thoreau about Facebook or Twitter? About Reddit? There’s a chance the king of quiet contemplation would warm to the new era of hyper-connectivity. Or, there’s a chance he would have spearheaded this current movement to unplug and recharge. Either way, he likely would have taken [...]
Having trouble with your Google Places account? Luckily, Google recently launched a new help center just for Local. I just got off the phone with them and I am very impressed. When you are logged in to your Places account, there is a little “Help” link at the top right corner. Once there, you [...]
You thought we couldn’t take the most popular bit of exciting, silly, crowd-pleasing fun and squeeze some dry marketing insight out of it, did you? Leave it to us to analyze social media trends as indicated by the behavior of a billion Gagnam Style viewers, as shown by this infographic. Here are some possible interpretations [...]
Facebook Wants You…But Do Facebook Users Want You? It’s still tricky being a business on social media. It’s often like being a salesman trying to close a deal at someone’s birthday party – it’s clearly not about you. Be mindful of this potential friction at all times so as not to create negative associations around [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Five Important Locations for Keywords March 29, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter