Often lost in the hullabaloo of Internet marketing is the most fundamental necessity for the SEO health of a website – semantic markup. While not the most glamorous or talked about tool, good semantic markup serves to bolster the on-site integrity and stability of a webpage. Without proper XHTML tags, a lot of quality content [...]
Archive | On Site SEO RSS feed for this section
I had a meeting with a client yesterday who was a little concerned. We do some of his content creation and he had noticed that we were not including meta keywords on the blog posts we had been doing for him. He was sure that either he didn’t know something we knew, or he had [...]
Videos are powerful SEO tools, given that they are much more likely to achieve top search engine results, yet often they are overlooked. Part of the reason why videos are much easier to rank is that there are fewer videos to compete with. However, the key to ranking at the highest level possible for top [...]
“Conversion Optimization” sounds intimidating and a bit borg-like but it really just describes how people engage with your website. This “conversion” might mean signing up for your newsletter, subscribing to your blog, or purchasing your good or service. By using tools like Google Analytics and setting goals and funnels you can measure how effective your [...]
All Macs have a built in application called Preview. Preview does all kinds of wonderful stuff: it is the default PDF viewer on Mac, it allows you to sign PDFs, annotate them, open nearly any photo type, and most importantly for this post, it allows you to edit photos. How To Crop a Photo Using Preview Cropping [...]
This is the sixth post in a series that addresses several different ideas on how to speed up your website. This series was brought about because of Google’s new focus on how quickly webpages and websites load; by focusing, I mean that they are now saying that page load speeds are one of the factors [...]
The next step in our series of how to speed up your webpages and websites is the easiest: how to turn on compression on your web server. Turning it on will mean the web server will finish all the work faster and therefore deliver the pages more quickly to the reader.
This is the fourth in a series of about seven posts (I keep finding more info and may add a couple more posts) on how to speed up your web pages and your website in general. Speeding up sites has been in the news recently because Google has announced that page speed is now a factor [...]
This is the third in a series of seven or so (you never know, we might more to write about) posts on how to speed up your web pages and your website in general. A lot more attention has been paid to site speed by the SEO community because Google began talking about how they planned [...]
This is the second of several posts addressing issues around Google’s announcement that they are releasing a new architecture (called Caffeine) for their web search and their emphasis in conjunction with Caffeine’s release of how quickly web pages load. In the series we will be looking at: An Overview of Site Speed How to find out [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Entrepreneur’s Unpluggd SEO Talk May 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter