Advertising Will Outlive You People are so quick to declare the death of advertising. It’s almost as if a rich bounty was announced and every “marketing guru” wants to be the first one holding its bloody head. What’s the reason for this? Perhaps they just get excited and jittery when things change a bit and [...]
Archive | Pay Per Click RSS feed for this section
The Robots Don’t Know Best It’s time to draw a line in the sand between robots and humans. We can only surrender so much to their idol of cold reason. Pull that subservient stare away from your 17-inch tunnel-vision display of AdWords. Your ads are living out there in the world, smacking people in the [...]
Pay-Per-Click is growing You want to establish long term brand awareness and trust? Build a sturdy SEO platform. You want to convert both curious and ready-to-buy consumers and get your name in front of them right now? Establish a compelling PPC campaign. People searching with commercial intent click on paid search ads over organic search [...]
Live auctions can be stressful and loud and confusing. Thankfully, the digital auction of PPC advertising is much more manageable with a lot less gavel pounding. But don’t be lulled into complacency. You could be wasting money or missing valuable opportunities if you don’t manage your bids with the same attention you would bring to [...]
Today, we are going back to the basics. We’re going to be talking about where in the world—not on the web—your ads show up. If you haven’t set up your campaign’s location yet, you can do that at the campaign level. Select the campaign you want to change and click “settings.” If you go [...]
Last week we found ourselves on the phone with Google’s help desk asking for more information on Cost Per Phone call (CPP) bidding, a relatively new service for call extensions. The information we could find online on CPP (call extension info and CPP bidding info) left us with a lot of questions, so we rung [...]
Budgeting for an AdWords account can be difficult. If there are multiple campaigns within it, that makes it even more complicated. You have to decide how to break your budget down to get the best results. This could take weeks of research and data collection, depending on how big the account is, and too much [...]
I received an email just before lunch from AdWords with the subject line, “Important update to AdWords click-to-call campaigns in the US.” (See email here.) I suspected it wasn’t going to be good, so I decided to wait to read it until I got my work done. It was a good decision as the email [...]
We’ve all done it—you’ve done the heavy lifting of the keyword research, sorting out logical ad groups, written your ads (making sure to do A/B testing)…you’re anxious to light that firecracker and see what happens! So you flip the switch to “Enabled” and anxiously wait for the data to start rolling in. When you check [...]
Technical Definition of a Landing Page “Landing page” may sound straightforward, but it’s actually a slippery term. Technically, a landing page is any page that a visitor to your site first sees—the page they land on. This often means the home page, but if visitors followed a link to your site, they may land on [...]
- Josh Lipton, CEO – Bike Shop Hub
Read More Testimonials
- Is Bing Censoring Questions About Microsoft? June 25, 2009
- Bing Local Now Allows Local Listings Confirmation By Phone, But Not If You’ve Asked for a Postcard June 24, 2009
- Web Designers Suck at Semantic Markup! January 20, 2009
- Open Source Negative Keyword List February 22, 2012
- Google’s Need for Speed – An Overview March 16, 2010
- Fortnight Feature No. 10 – Semantic Markup May 6, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 – Guest Blogging April 23, 2013
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values April 22, 2013
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 – Social Media Advertising April 8, 2013
- Five Important Locations for Keywords March 29, 2013
- Rod Holmes: Hello Rolands, Two points related to your comment:...
- Rolands: Very useful, thank you for your work on this. Ho...
- Fortnight Feature No. 9 - Guest Blogging - Chicago Style SEO: [...] 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midweste...
- 5 Tips Guest Bloggers Can Take From Midwestern Values - Chicago Style SEO: [...] heard from Uncle Joe. Unlike a few things in...
- Fortnight Feature No. 8 - Social Media Advertising - Chicago Style SEO: [...] Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media cha...
Follow @chicagostyleseo on Twitter